Updated: Free REACH webinars with contributions of EURL ECVAM scientists
|Mar 06, 2015|
|Contact: Organising team|
|Organizer: Chemical Watch, PETA International Science Consortium|
- Related terms
Information on alternative methods and testing strategies that could be used to meet REACH requirements
Four EURL ECVAM scientists provide stakeholders and the general public an opportunity to get updated information on alternative methods and testing strategies that could be used to meet REACH information requirements on aspects of toxicological hazard of registered chemicals. This happens via a free webinar series (six seminars) running from October, 22, 2014 to April 2015.
The seminars, co-organised by Chemical Watch (CW) and the PETA International Science Consortium, Ltd, may be of interest to industry toxicologists, those registering chemicals for the first time, companies who would like to know more about validated non-animal tests that are available and how companies are using them and REACH consultants.
Five seminars already took place in 2014 and 2015. The last one is announced here:
Webinar 6 of 6 (Zebra) Fish Embryo Acute Toxicity Test to predict short term toxicity to fish (and beyond) took place on April 14, 2015 - 4:00pm- 5:00pm GMT/11:00am -12:00pm US EST
Dr. Marlies Halder, EURL ECVAM
Dr. Thomas Braunbeck, University of Heidelberg
Dr. Scott Belanger, Procter & Gamble
Details, presentations and video recordings of the other five seminars are available below.
- Webinar 1 of 6 on "OECD QSAR Toolbox and read-across" took place on 22 Oct. 2014, 4:00pm - 5:15pm BST (local times) - Dr Grace Patlewicz, DuPont and Dr Mark Cronin, Liverpool John Moores University Read more...
- full set of presentation slides (PDF)
- Webinar 2 of 6 on "Skin irritation and corrosion" took place on 11 Nov. 2014
Dr Gertrude-Emilia Costin, Institute for In Vitro Sciences and Dr Costanza Rovida, REACH Mastery Read more...
Webinar 3 of 6 on "Serious Eye Damage and Eye Irritation" took place on 4 Dec. 2014
Dr Joao Barroso (EURL ECVAM) and Dr Kimberly Norman (Institute for In Vitro Sciences)
- video recording (mp4)
- full set of presentation slides
- Webinar 4 of 6 on "Skin sensitization" took place on January 28, 2015
Dr Silvia Casati (EURL ECVAM) and Dr Susanne Kolle (BASF)
- Webinar 5 of 6 on "Alternative Approaches to Mammalian Acute Systemic Toxicity Testing" took place on March 5th, 2015
Dr. Pilar Prieto, EURL ECVAM
Dr. Lawrence Milchak, 3M
- Full set of presentation slides Mammalian Webinar (application/pdf 666 kB (682404 bytes))