8th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences
Aug 21, 2011 07:25 AM
Aug 25, 2011 05:30 PM
|Organizer: Canadian Council on Animal Care|
- Related terms
Hosted by the Canadian Council on Animal Care
The World Congresses on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences are the longest running series of international scientific congresses dedicated to replacement, reduction, and refinement (3Rs) of animal use in research and safety testing. The 8th World Congress (WC8) will take place in Montreal, hosted by the Canadian Council on Animal Care.
The Preliminary Scientific Program is diverse, spanning from toxicity testing to animal welfare policy to issues unique to farm animal and wildlife research, and is divided to five Themes.
- Theme I: Safety and efficacy testing of chemicals, pharmaceuticals and biological
- Theme II: Policy/law on animal use, public engagement and ethical review
- Theme III: Incorporation of the Three Rs in Education and Training
- Theme IV: Animal Welfare for Refinement of High Quality Science
- Theme V: Replacement and Reduction in Basic Research